Vagabond Tax offers comprehensive tax services to expatriates, from contractors to business owners to investors and retirees

Federal Tax Returns   $425   

Preparation of your US Federal Income Tax Return, Form 1040 including:

We offer flat-fee prices as listed below. Depending on your tax situation, you may need forms in addition to your federal tax return, some of which are listed below. We will discuss your return with you and can advise you which, if any, of the other forms you will need and how much they will cost.
Federal Tax Returns

Preparation of your US Federal Income Tax Return, Form 1040 including:

Form 1116
Form 2555
Schedule A – Itemized Deductions
Schedule B
Schedule C (for self-employed individuals)
Schedule D
Schedule E (for one rental property)

Vagabond will always connect you with a Certified Public Accountant who will guide you through this process. They will be available to answer your questions throughout and after filing of your returns.

State Tax Returns           $125  

Depending on your situation, you may be required to file state tax returns. We can discuss this with you.

FBAR                                  $95  

The Foreign Bank Account Report – You must file this form if you have $10,000 or more in a foreign bank account at any time during the year. This fee will include up to 5 foreign accounts.  Comparison of Form 8938 and FBAR RequirementsCClick here to view IRS chart comparing Form 8938 and FBAR Requirements.

Form 8938 (FATCA)           $99  

Statement of Specified Foreign Financial Assets – You may have assets that need to be reported under the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act. We can assess this for you.

Late Returns                     $299  

We want to help you if you are late filing your taxes by months or years. We know this can be daunting and would like to help by providing a discount on the filing of late returns. Let us get you caught up and bring you peace of mind.

Streamlined Filing         $1250

This program is for those of you who are behind in filing your US taxes.  The IRS offers this program to allow you to “catch up”.  The IRS will waive all late filing and FBAR penalties for those who participate in this program and whose failure to file was non-willful.  The IRS requires the past 3 years of delinquent Federal Tax Returns and the past 6 years of FBARs to be filed.  We offer this complete package to make this process as easy and stress-free as possible.

Consultations at an hourly rate

Let our CPA’s give you expert advice. We can help plan your move abroad, help you understand and review employment contracts or assess your current tax situation. Ask for a quote